- Designed with high speed gear ratios for increased line pickup
- 303/453DS models are high speed line counter reels
- 553LS is a large diameter high speed levelwind reel (no counter)
- Oversized brass XL gearing system
- Multi-disc Carbonite drag washers for maximum efficiency
- 2HPB + 1RB corrosion resistant stainless steel bearings
- Dual anti-reverse system for maximum strength and reliability
- Quick-Set stainless steel anti-reverse roller bearing
- Machined aluminum, anodized spool
- Speed Lock pinion gear system for instant engagement
- Ergo grip handle knob for increased comfort
- Wide Mouth levelwind: Increased knots clearance
- Silent retrieve system for increased smoothness
- MSS: Mechanical Stabilizing System for precise alignment
- XL gearing: Drop down gear box for maximum gear sizing
- Self-lubricating gear system for maximum heat dissipation
Mechanical Stabilizing System
Patented design stabilizes the spool shaft at 3 key stress points to eliminate flex under pressure - reel is more durable, strong and smoother than the competition.
Multi-disc Carbonite Drag Washers
For a much wider and smoother drag range, maximum efficiency.
Self-Lubricating Gear System
The system releases oil if friction increases to keep the main gear and drive shaft running smoothly in all conditions.
Engage the reel in one direction for rock-solid hook sets.
Cold Water Wire Line Star Drag Reel
|Model||Gear ratio||Bearings||Weight (oz)||Line retrieve(in)||Max drag force(lb)||Mono line capacity (mm)|
|Right handed High-Speed Linecounter reels|
|CW-303DS||6.2:1||2BB + 1RB||20.1
||0.40/420, 0.45/320, 0.50/260|
|CW-453DS||6.2:1||2BB + 1RB||22
||0.45/450, 0.50/360, 0.55/300|
|Right handed Levelwind reels|
|CW-553LS||4.7:1||2BB + 1RB||30.7
||0.50/570, 0.55/470, 0.60/400|